Thursday, March 24, 2011

FireFox 4 is here

And after the hype of I.E. 9 and the millions of downloads posted by Microsoft Mozilla batted back and launched FireFox 4.

I installed it and noticed a vast difference in speed of load and general browser enhancements. They seem to have taken a lot of time into cleaning up the browser clutter and making tab flicking a lot faster. The general feel is a lot less clunky and more clean.

I managed to install all of my POS requirements back into version 4 with very little conflicts. The engine remained the same to me.

What I enjoyed was going from version 3.x to 4 kept my add ons. In a POS environment the Full Screen add on is one of my favorites so having this in 4 was a pleasure. They seem to also give you a bit more control over updates and settings, this is very useful in a large network environment where you need to restrict users from making personal changes.

I can say I am impressed and will continue to recommend firefox as the Blue Box 2.0 browser choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment